Inside of your own App My Community mobile app, you can create, manage, and score scavenger hunts.
The scavenger hunt platform has a lot of flexibility in order to be make the scavenger hunt(s) unique to your property. Your hunt, your style. Each step/clue in a hunt has three format options – Photo, Clue/Answer, or QR Code Scanning. There is no limit to the number of steps each hunt can have and the step/clue format can variety throughout the hunt.
- Users are prompted to take a photo or selfie for their response to the clue.
- Photos can be shared by either the user or the community to social media.
- Photo steps can also have a hashtag and sharing comment to any photo shared on social media.
- Simple question/answer step
- QR Code Scanning
- Pre-print QR codes with the correct answer on a sign or poster at the location
- Your clue can also direct users to scan a staff member’s QR code on their phone.
You can always make the clues as easy or difficult as you would like – therefore, you can also offer your users a little hint for the tough ones!
Different Types of Hunts
We have a few ways to add a scavenger hunt into your app.
- Activity Button: Create an activity around a scavenger hunt to enhance the thrill of competition amongst your users! No one can see the clues until the hunt begins and prizes can be awarded for the winners!
- Explore!: Users can be guided throughout your community via clues while seeing all of the amenities your community has to offer directly from your app’s home screen. PRO-TIP: This model is ideal for new users or those looking to learn more about joining your community.
- Scavenger Hunt List: Users can access a list of scavenger hunts at any time via the main menu and do them at their leisure. PRO-TIP: Use this only when you have multiple scavenger hunts that you want members to have access to at anytime (e.g. Explore type hunts for multiple different age groups)
If your hunt is associated to an activity or to a prize, you may want to verify the answers.
- QR Scans are automatically graded when the scan is completed.
- Clue/Answer types are tested to see if the user’s answer matches the actual answer exactly, but otherwise can be scored manually
- Photo steps require manual scoring
Staff members can grade answers via your app on their own phones/tablet by a simple swipe. Users have the ability to see their completed hunt scores at any time after grading.
Want to play the hunt again or complete it at another time? No problem – Users can restart or resume their hunt at any time!